The OpenPKG Foundation e.V. is a non-profit organisation with the
dedicated goal of supporting the OpenPKG project. The idea of an OpenPKG
supporting organisation was born by Ralf S. Engelschall and
on 2005-01-15. It was later founded on 2005-02-09 by the nine
founders Herbert Schmid,
Manuel Hendel, Peter Kajinski, Richard Maier, Thomas Lotterer, Ralf
S. Engelschall, Torsten Homeyer, Christoph Schug and Michael Schloh
v. Bennewitz. It was officially registered under German law as an
association on 2005-03-18.
The following milestones in the OpenPKG Foundation history were remembered:
- 2006-03-15: integrated website with new meta.openpkg.org style
- 2006-01-18: third official on-line General Meeting via IRC
- 2005-06-30: second official on-line General Meeting via IRC
- 2005-06-22: first OpenPKG release (2.4) entirely done by Foundation
- 2005-05-10: movement of hardware assets from old to new SpaceNet datacenter
- 2005-05-09: first official on-line General Meeting via IRC
- 2005-04-05: registration of bank accounts at PayPal and VRB
- 2005-03-21: installation of hardware assets at SpaceNet AG datacenter
- 2005-03-18: official registration of OpenPKG Foundation e.V.
- 2005-03-11: purchase of essential hardware assets
- 2005-02-09: kick-off meeting for founding the OpenPKG Foundation e.V.
- 2005-01-15: idea for OpenPKG Foundation e.V. by RSE & THL